12 February, 2008

happy days

I have been sick as a dog for days. I have also been at work every day for the last week. these two things together equal I have been reduced to a sad, quivering pulp. finally yesterday I had to call it quits, take a 'benelyn day' so to speak, and so I used Heather's phone to call work. I had originally been scheduled off for tonight, tomorrow and thursday but the only way I could get my coworker to agree to work on my sick day was to take her double shift for tonight. so here's me yesterday, in sweats and slippers, huddling on the bathroom floor next to a bucket, surrounded by tissues, agreeing to take a ten-hour shift the next day in return for my coworker covering my four lousy hours on a monday night. this paycheque is going to be beautiful and is going to buy me health.

I actually caught this cold at work I think, a few of the servers had the sniffles last week. now I feel terrible because my roommate neills and a couple of my housemates have started getting coughs and stuffy noses. they are calling me the house bio-weapon haha. on the bright side my appetite is back with a vengeance and I can feel my abs turning to steel from all the coughing.

oh and I also managed to pick up something else tonight . . . a double shift for valentine's day.

now why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

1 comment:

cdipoce said...

I had a cold too, i had a coughing fit in class and i couldn't get out easily with causing a disturbance, twas embarrassing.