11 March, 2008
everything's coming up aj
I HAVE AN APARTMENT! YAAAY! I moved in sunday morning to my nice little flat a bit east of where I was living before. I am in a little house with a bunch of housemates, some from france, portugal, and brazil, and we share a little kitchen with a washer and dryer. now I realize that I am overusing the word 'little' but you will understand as soon as I have my video-house-tour uploaded to facebook. I have a room to myself with a fridge and microwave, bed and ensuite bathroom, and a nice big window on to the back patio area. my shower is astounding. I say so because the lame-o electric shower on fleet had like zero water pressure and now I am incredi-pleased with my nice roomy shower stall and literal waterfall mornings. I have all of my stuff organized on shelving and storage (which I didn't have at fleet either) and after livng out of a laundry bag for a week in poor chantal's apartment, I am thrilled to finally spread my stuff out and call a place my own. I have a couple of things to get before I am set like jello. for instance, a kettle is at the top of the list because I can't stand watery centra coffee, and I need a soap dish. otherwise, I am happy as a clam. my neighbourhood is enhabited entirely by geriatrics, but they're adorable and say 'good morning' always. I've come to know ernie, the man who passes the bus station every morning like clockwork. john and nancy always provide the neighbourhood gossip, and bernie doesn't like to be confused with ernie. the street has a centra (like a limited grocer), a corner store, a dressmaker, a chinese take away, and a butcher. oh, and a catholic church. I have yet to venture past church road but I hope to find a nice cozy neighbourhood pub for the nights when I don't want to cook (bring on the beef stew oh my goodness). also I've been told that there is a better grocer about ten minutes down east wall road but that is for a day when it isn't raining. my apartment came supplied with dishes, pots and pans, lamps, all the nice homey stuff. everything (and I do mean everything, from the forks to the flooring to the light bulbs) is from ikea. so tonight's to do's include investigating the butchers' to decide on supper, stretching out on my ikea bed, and writing a 1500 word paper on a leisure facility. hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
HUZZZAH! I will see you Thursday night!!! along with chelsea and ana who will buy you booze all stay-ithly, if not bam zoom straight to the moon,( i think that insinuates abuse right??)
Post a Comment