we have new roommates! two girls and one guy from france arrived friday morning. neilsson is in my room, but csilah moved out this morning so we have our separate spaces, unlike the night before when he stayed on the top bunk. that was crazy, because since csilah was sleeping he had to climb the precarious tiny ladder to the bunk in the dark. haha. also neilsson snores. we had a welcoming party for them last night with some italian and french friends from the city, the guys brought home some wine and we played games. the tough part was that whoever was explaining the game had to have translators for english, italian or french! once in a while I'll say a phrase that I learned grade school french and the girls will go into histerics. apparently I'm quite entertaining! haha. I'm hoping to bone up on my french with them though, so that I can travel to france later in the year.
amnesty international has a little shop across the street from the hard rock cafe, and I found out yesterday that they have excellent coffee! too bad they're closing in a week, what!? but that means that everything is 1/2 off :) so I went in to look around during a break at work, and picked up some really excellent fair trade chocolate, a recycled paper notebook, a lovely black handmade scarf, and a latte. all in the name of amnesty! hurrah! I'm going back today to take a look at the 'no sweat' trainers, similar to chuck taylors but completely sweatshop-free.
I hope to upload some more photos soon, be on the lookout.
03 February, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment