01 February, 2008

mashup!

tonight at doyle's (the pub downstairs) we were dancing upstairs to the excellent mix of 90s and indie rock when we met this hilarious group of guys doing a choreographed dance to a mashup of 'once in a lifetime' (talking heads) and 'one more time' (daft punk). the one guy, with dreads, looked exactly like a squashed-down misha. picture him maybe a foot shorter, with broader shoulders (and dreads I guess) and you've got this guy. I double taked a few times! so I guess I quadruple-taked or something.

we got some new roommates, three kids from france here for a few months. they're cool! I'm practising my grade-school french with them (and getting a few odd looks) but they're really easygoing and fun. yay!

I'm working some pretty intense doubles all weekend. and then superbowl! yes!! go pats. hard rock is showing the game, but pregame starts around 10 and it looks as though we're all scheduled to work all night long. also we've booked like a hundred american tourists for the night. sounds fun. blech. budweiser is sponsoring the event so apparently we all get a bunch of free swag and food and that sort of thing, and there are prizes and giveaways at the party. all of this, I guess, is to thank us for working our tails off, but I wonder if a beer t-shirt is worth cleanup that will last until dawn?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only Americans could travel halfway around the world to a strange new land, just to sit in a bar all night and drink watered down piss they call beer while watching one of the most massively overrated sporting events in the history of broadcast television.

They truly are an enigmatic people.