29 April, 2008

dates!

I booked my flight back to canada today. super bittersweet. I have no idea what to do with the rest of my time because I am stuck worrying about assignments, work, rent, finals, and packing, but I know that there is still so much to do. back in canada there are a few things, such as finding a flat in the city and getting a new job, but these things seem so far away. I'm going to miss ireland a lot. bah, I don't even want to think about it right now! actually, I'm currently on a short break from the 4000 word information systems paper due at 11 tomorrow. it's a pretty quality paper on a whole bunch of stuff that probably won't even matter in a couple of years. isn't that how technology goes? chantal and I have been working from 3pm straight, with a short dinner break and a few stretch sessions in the fresh air. it is now 12:45. NINE HOURS OF PAPER I'M GOING TO DIE.
I finally went out on a date with one of the lads from the seabank. being the only female employee who's not a) married b) under the age of 18 or c) in a long-term relationship with one of the bartenders, I'm a bit of a canadian novelty. a high-in-demand commodity. the bachelorette. whatever - they're all interested. so I finally broke and agreed to go see a live gig with noel, a sweet young guy with good intentions and a great sense of humour. one of his friends was playing at a city-centre pub so we showed up, got comfortable, and enjoyed some live music. you could see that the poor fellow was nervous as ever. who wouldn't be? he's now an east-wall legend: the man who pestered the canuck girl long enough that she finally gave in! haha I'm really putting myself on a pedestal here. anyway we had fun but I'm pretty sure it was a one-time affair. I made it fairly clear that I was only looking for friends here and so hopefully it's friends we'll be. I'm not looking forward to work again though, when I have to answer to the other dozen guys I turned down before him. yikes!

1 comment:

C.Marques said...

Damn right you turn down all them bitches.
I need to go overseas and have a swarm of men lust after me.