can I get a whoop whoop? it has been two years since my hospital stay and my kidneys are happy and healthy :) I can't believe it's already been so long. I'm pretty fortunate that I've stayed ok since, as they said that I might have kidney problems for the rest of my life. forever. forever ever? FOREVER. haha so cheers to my guts - thanks guys. for not crapping out.
the semester here at DIT is nearly finished! finals are coming up, projects are due, stress is my best friend. I'm super glad though, because of my six courses only four of them have final exams YAYYY ryerson should take a lesson from these guys - sometimes course work and class participation are a better indication of a students' progress and knowledge gleaned. ahem. anyway I'm stoked that it's almost summer, but I am really going to miss my heritage and culture classes. the field trips to museums and galleries with prof. catherine gorman have been stellar, and the in-class discussions with prof. marc gallagher will be sorely missed. also I will miss the eighty-cent tea in the DIT canteen. I will not miss the bustified elevator or the ONE ladies washroom on the ground floor in the cathal brugha campus. all in all, this semester has been great. I actually wish that I could finish my degree here at DIT, but I don't want to look into transfer credits and blah blah blah because I'm too lazy. haha. also because I want to take heasman's food courses in fourth year and be back in toronto in time for nuit blanche (here's hoping it doesn't suck so much, eh 2007?)
so the other day I met someone random who had lived in toronto for a few months, and we were trying to think of a particular subway station uptown and I could not for the life of me recall the ttc map. I used to know that thing like the back of my hand! so I compiled a little list of things I want to remember from toronto:
the actual subway stop name of 'crappy job station' (donalda blech)
where exactly the cameron house is
how much a jet fuel latte costs (I think it's 2 bucks)
what time streetcars on queen stop running (do they?)
whether or not gaybreak serves pancakes
these are stupid little things that I used to know right off the top of my head, but these short four months out of the city have me forgetting that I'm a torontonian. what's the name of the street parallel to queen on the north? I can't remember! how do you get to the green room? BEATS ME! also I haven't had a pancake in soooo long and, although usually I can only eat one or two before I'm sick of 'em, I want a big hefty plate of them with maple syrup and possibly powdered sugar. also I want a transit system that gets me from a to b with the use of transfers, direct routes and regular bus times. curse the dublin bus system/luas/dart. they aren't connected! think of it - if streetcars, buses and the subway were all run by separate entities. wouldn't you want to just scream? I know I do. regularly.
09 April, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
day break does serve pancakes, but hot one, unlike those cold ones so popular here...wtf?
Cameron house: queen and like ine block west of spadina
jet fuel was like 3,50 ish
queen streetcars are 24 hours as are dundas and college
street parallel to queen on the north: I believe is Dundas is the major one.
bloor and brunswick: green room
-Cat
Post a Comment