last night I attended the broken social scene show at vicar street here in dublin. and it was incredible. they're a group from toronto-area (and other parts of canada) and the whole deal was so heartwarming and supercool and they referenced pavement and john deere and david byrne in the show. the promoters released a block of tickets right before the show started and who do you think was waiting at the box office (ME.) that's right. I'm a yuppie scum who buys her tickets at the last minute but it was worth it! the niftiest part was hearing toronto accents and seeing people dressed normally on and off the stage . . . I'll never get accustomed to dublin fashions, they're these crazy off the wall conglomerations of really really outdated stylins, brit scene castoffs, and then some really standout pieces that come at you out of left field. needless to say, a sea of cardigans and runners made me feel right at home.
I'm writing this in an internet cafe, I'm in town for a little study-grocery break. my last exam is this friday at 2 and I cannot WAIT. although I've been trying to register for fall classes back at ry high. so apparently no matter how much I want to not think of school, I pretty much have to. argh school.
as my time here in the dubs is coming to an end, I'm furiously making lists upon lists of things to accomplish before I leave, things to remember to take photos of, things to buy to bring home, things ad nauseum . . . I hate the last little bit of anything because it's always the best and worst all at once. like the last little bit of chocolate tart - amazing because, come on, it's a chocolate tart, and horrible because IT'S ALL GONE.
I have a big funny story to tell you all when I get home, it's too long of a story to write in a blog and it seriously requires facial expressions and hand-talking. now, this story won't be nearly as long and elaborate as craig's legendary 'sledding in central park' circa first year, but it'll still be a doozy. get ready! here are some hint-type keywords: taxi, ross gellar, plaid . . . or am I just making stuff up?
21 May, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment