
this cartoon is a snippet from a webcomic I've been reading religiously for about four years now. Scary Go Round is written by creative genius John Allison (can I get a whoop). it's based all over the UK, is sharp and sassy, and makes me wish that I had a british accent. this particular frame cracked me right up, it's the end of a story arc in which the name of 'the boy' is revealed to be 'eustace' but elodie in france cannot pronounce it correctly. thus, eustace = useless. har har har. I think I'm going to link to a few webcomics that I frequent, in case anybody is looking for some good reads this summer. I'm a nerd, I know, leave it alone.
in case anyone hasn't asked or been told, I am headed back to canada this june! I fly into montreal on 19 june and intend on greyhounding it back to toronto. I'll be there for a bit but will then travel down to chatham to see my homeslices in the 519. I was quite unhappy when booking my flight. I panicked a little, because I felt as though I hadn't gotten enough stuff done here in dublin. it seems like I just arrived! then, this week, I was at the bunkhouse talking to titanilla and met another canadian from vancouver named annalisa. after some much-needed irish guy bashing we decided to have a girls night in town, but in the process picked up a few others from the hostel. I made a nice little group of new friends! yay! mark from toronto, martin from edinburgh, rana from california, colin from ottawa, adam from bc, liam from belfast, and joey from nyc. this week was superfun, showing the kids around the city and talking about all the things we miss about north america. then this week turned supersad, as adam flew back to canada, joey headed to scotland, and rana continued her travels around europe. so now I've decided that to be back in canada will be a good thing. remembering things like wendy's frosties, camping in muskoka, and the colbert report have me homesick.


1 comment:
So now you've got me all addicted to "Scary Go Round". I've been reading back pages from the beginning of the year. Sometime over the long weekend, I'll probably read the whole thing from 2002 onward.
Post a Comment