"not just for senior citizens"
so the past couple months have found me strapped for cash and barely eking a living out for myself. I'm working, going to school, feeding a cat, and budgeting like a fiend. that being said, I still have the cursed travel bug. it occurred to me that there is a whole lot of canada I haven't seen, so I think what I am going to do is start with ontario.
a friend recently sent me a text that said "arbitrary road trip?" and I said "YES YES YES" because those are fairly inexpensive and the thought of seeing something other than toronto for a day made my heart flutter. I quickly researched "ontario day trip awesome" in the hopes of finding blogs or sites or something from a person like me, into food and drink and fun things, and not necessarily antiques and bird-watching (not that those are bad things I just do not like bird watching when it is chilly). perhaps I will have to dig a little deeper but from the look of things nobody in their twenties likes to do anything fun in ontario and if they do they aren't telling anybody about it.
I'm going to start this quest with a little note about barrie. I attended a wedding here late in the summer with a friend who's from barrie, so admittedly I had a slight advantage when seeking out interesting places to go. one highlight was a little cafe on dunlop called bohemia with great coffee. there is a gift shop for those in search of collectibles and candles. I actually bought my mom a tea towel. it's comfortable and pretty without being "cottagey" or "grandma chic" or any of those lame terms that usually automatically equal unenjoyable. we also found a winery in an old mechanic shop on collier aptly named vin de garage. we took a tour and got to do some sampling. here is where to read about other downtown barrie stuff. also this guy is sort of interesting.
03 November, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment